As we set out to answer the question, does my business need a website, we will go over 5 undeniable facts to demonstrate the solid YES that question deserves in response, and why social media alone is not enough to create a successful digital presence.
Voyagers, we are no longer in the good ol days of business and marketing, where word of mouth was enough to build customer loyalty and a successful business. It’s 2017, and there are just a ton of places to build a business presence. Growth and stability now relies on businesses utilizing a presence within their communities, through websites, on social media, and by using other digital or tangible mediums. Over the last 20 years there has been a major shift in how people make purchasing decisions, and this change was brought on by the growth of the internet, digital commerce, and search engines like Google.
Google is the most used search engine across the world. Check out this link to see how many searches are happening right now.The Google search engine is undoubtedly the leader in providing answers to search users. Today’s search users are looking for information, services, and products, and they want it NOW.
So yes, you will sometimes go to do a Google search for a service you need, and some of the results you get are Facebook or Twitter profiles. That’s great, and we will discuss why that’s great and how important social media is in another post. Today we are going to show you why it is actually increasingly important for businesses to have a website.
- Credibility. This list was not meant to be in any particular order, but creating credibility is definitely the first and most important thing a business stands to gain from having a website. Unless you are a major retailer who already has brand recognition, your business absolutely needs a website. Roughly 60% of consumers make a purchasing decision before visiting or calling a business based on the presence and reputation a business has online. Businesses count on their website to house their most important information, like what they do and why they do it. This is the kind of information that helps persuade purchasing decisions.
- Search Engine Optimization. There are only so many things that can be manipulated on social media, listing, and blogging platforms. Having a website gives businesses complete control over the content they provide search engines and site visitors. Business can also utilize search engine optimization techniques to keep their website at the top of search results for relevant search terms. While ranking on the first page does take time, there is no way for a business to make it to the top of search engine results for keywords or terms without a website.
- There is no longer a separation between physical and digital shopping, or scheduling. Why would a consumer go out to the store if they don’t have to? Websites and online ordering or scheduling are a standard in today’s society, so when consumers have to put effort into purchasing goods or scheduling service, they will chose the business who provides the most convenient options.
- Websites are automated sales tools. Sure, content and security updates will need to be done routinely to keep a website safe and up to date, but actions like browsing inventory or services, processing online sales, and collecting email addresses are all executed by the website without the need for any sales people.
- A website is the foundation for a business’s digital marketing efforts, and plays a major role in a full marketing plan. A businesses website is the hub for all of it’s information, products, services, and content. Every business card, every flyer and rack card, every print ad, every radio and television commercial that a business produces should have their website listed, and in turn the website is used to generate sales, calls, email opt ins, and social media growth. There is almost an endless amount of ways for businesses to utilize a website.
This list could probably go on forever, ultimately we hope the takeaway from this information is that a businesses website is absolutely necessary and should be utilized to serve as one of its greatest marketing and sales assets. Professionally designed and developed websites allow businesses to provide a seamless user experience and enhanced web performance, while putting in minimal work. For those businesses that are willing to put in the work themselves, there are many options and resources to help with creating a simple website.
Thanks for reading, we hope you find this information helpful!